Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What the Top 40 Scary Short Story Countdown is Not



I am half way through my countdown of the Top 40 Scary Short Stories from 1800-1849. If you have liked the stories so far, you are going to love the rest. Please keep in mind, however, that the Top 12 will be published in my forthcoming book: The Best Horror Short Stories 1800-1849: A Classic Horror Anthology. Because of this, there are 8 stories left for posting on the blog.
If you have been following this scary short story blog, you have a good idea of what it is about. Here is a list of what it is not . . . or rather the types of short stories I have not considered: werewolf short stories, vampire short stories, witch short stories, and ghost short stories. I will countdown the best of those stories in the future. For right now I am concentrating on horror in the narrow sense of the word. Tomorrow I will list stories 40-21 that I have included so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment